This is a summer venture, and runs from the end of June to the beginning of September. During this time, nine camps are conducted with a two day break for cleaning up and preparation for the next group.
The camp is held in the Copii pentru Cristos (CpC) Christian Centre in the western mountains of Romania, in a village called Varfurile.
The teachers have been through the course on Camp Evangelism run by CpC Romania, and the regular monthly training course held throughout the winter.
The camp teaching materials are supplied and composed mostly by CpC from their office in Arad.
Each camp can accommodate 50-53 children from the ages of 7 to 15 years, and 15-20 leaders of various ages and of both genders – not forgetting the administrative staff.
The programme starts around 8.00am for the children and 6.30am for the adults, going through to 10.30pm for the children and 11.30pm for the adults. The programme is varied – from bible teaching, singing, memory verses and missionary stories to organised games and free time using the camp facilities.
The advantages of this type of ministry are:
- The children are exposed to a Christian environment 24 hours a day.
- The children have three good meals a day – for most, this is a rare experience.
- The children are given total priority at the Christian Centre, where they are allowed to be children – again, this is an unusual experience.
- There is time for counselling children with their many and varied problems.
- The camp is not weather dependent.